14 days Mt Kailash overland Tour via Kerung
Mount Kailash is known as a holy site among Hindus, Bon, Buddhists, and Jain. It is believed to be the ultimate destination of souls and spirituals of the whole World. Mt Kailash is also believed, the residence of Lord Siva’s “The God of all Gods” and Lake Manasarovar is the soul of Brahma in Hinduism. Kailash Manasarovar is known as the place which attracts Hindus From different places and is the physical embodiment of the mythical Mt Meru said to be the center of the universe or the ‘navel of the world’. Where according to the Hindu culture Shiva occupies to sit on the top of the Kailash. Mt. Meru is depicted as a mandala, and its image occurs throughout both Buddhist and Hindu parts of Asia. Mt Kailash is holy to followers of four religions. Tibetans call Kailash Kang Rinpoche. first of all, Jains worship it as Mt Ashtapada. The peak from which the religion’s founder, Rishabanatha, achieved spiritual liberation.
Followers of Bon-Po, the ancient pre-Buddhist shamanistic religion of Tibet, revere Kailash as the soul of Tibet Mt. Kailash has long been an object of worship for four Major religions, for Hindu. It is the domain of Shiva. It is also the abode of the Samvara-a multiarmed, wrathful deity worshipped. In the Chakrasamvara Tantric cycle of Tibetan Buddhism the 53 Km.
The Kailash Mansarovar circuit
Kailash Mansarovar circuit is the holiest of all Hindu as well as Buddhist pilgrimages and the beacon. Which draws most travelers to western Tibet. First of all Lake Mansarovar: At Hindu pilgrims make an 85 Km. the circuit around Mansarovar that is made longer. And more difficult by marshes and complicated stream crossings.
Most Tibetans are being more pragmatic, and often make a circuit of the lake in the winter. When the streams are frozen and the route is shorter. Near Mansarovar is another large lake Rakshas Tal, the ‘Demon Lake’ that holds far less spiritual significance.
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu Nepal, LEAF HOLIDAYS TREKS & EXPEDITION PVT.LTD representative will welcome you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Check in to the hotel and evening briefing about your whole tour. Dinner at the Hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
After your breakfast at the hotel and we processed sightseeing in Kathmandu, Including Pashupatinath Temple (The Biggest Hindu Temple) and Guheshwori Devi and Budhanilkantha(sleeping, Vishnu). Lunch at the hotel, evening packing for the Kailash yatra. Overnight at hotel.
After an early breakfast drive to Syabrubesi (About a 7/8 Hours drive ) and overnight stay hotel in Syabrubesi (Near to Nepal/China border)
After accomplishing all the immigration and custom formalities meet the Chinese guide and Bus drivers, then processed the journey to Kerung Arrival at Kerung and overnight stay in a Hotel.
acclimatization day in Kerung. The whole day you can explore Kerung city or rest at the hotel.
(Labug-La 5050m, Peku-tso and Saga, 245 km) On the first long driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet, other sites like lakes, and nomads chasing thousands of yaks and sheep, keep you busy. By the late afternoon, you will cross the Bhramha Purtra River on the way to a typical Chinese and Tibetan town. Overnight in Saga.
Mansarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility, and bliss. After completing the memorable morning Bath and Puja we will be heading towards Tarchen. It is considered a base camp for the Holy Kailash Parikrama.
It is one of the most exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky make you feel the Great God Shiva is everywhere with tons of blessings to you. From time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will keep on appearing. For an 18 km trail, it takes almost 7 hrs.
Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal, where there is the symbolical death, Pilgrimages leave the Old clothes, spin of hair, or a drop of Blood in the hope, that terrible Yamraja (The master of death) will attention to these signs and will allow the Yatries (travelers) to be born in spirit to pass Dolma- La. The pass associates Buddhists with the goddess Container, and Hindus with Parvati, the divine wife who misters Shiva. On the pass tourists and pilgrimage hang out the Tibetan flags, On success. While your steps go closer to the pass, Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offerings and sit down for meditation to forget yourself. Once your steps go down, Parvati-steal and Gauri Kunda are on the way. By the late afternoon, you will arrive at Zuthal Puk (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles here).
After a short Trek (2 hrs) and reach the point where the coach will be waiting we will drive to Darchen and merge with other members who were waiting and drive to Dongba. Overnight stay at Guesthouse in Dongba.
Drive Back to Kerung City – 270 km / 5.5 hrs. Overnight stay at Guesthouse
After Breakfast, drive to Nepal/china immigration after accomplishing all the immigration and custom formalities drive to Kathmandu.
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- 04 Nights Hotel Accommodations in Kathmandu. Hotel 03 Star or 04 Star with a vegetarian meal.
- One Night accommodation in Syabrubesi
- Tibet Group visa and travel permit fee.
- All transportation is by bus.
- 14 Nights’ accommodation in Tibet using the guest house.
- Service of our trekking equipment and sherpa staff.
- Kathmandu Temple Tours.
- Arrival and departure transfer.
- All Trekking and camping equipment including Sleeping bags and oxygen cylinders
What's not included?
- Yak, Porter, and Horse for personal use.
- Using an extra night at Hotel Expect is mentioned on the itinerary.
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra costs because of partition from the main group or serious health conditions.
- Any International flight.
- Extra Night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Any extra transportation/Accommodation/visa cancelation charge (who separate from the main group and early return)
- To process your Tibet Group Visa, we need.
- A clear color scan copy of your passport along with 25% Advance payment. This must be provided to us at least 30 Days in advance.
- Packing List for Your Kailash Yatra.
- Any regular medicines that you take.
- Enough Clothing for the whole yatra.
- A small Bag for day use.
- Toiletries kit like soap, Shampoo, toothbrush, towels, etc.
- A good water bottle.
- Sports Shoes (Comfortable ones for walking)
- Sun cream.
- Raincoat or Umbrella.
- Torch Light.
- Woolen Socks.
- Thermal Long underwear (Easy one while walking)
- 04/05 Passport Size Photograph. Note: Duffel Bag and Down Jackets will provide by Global Treks & Expeditions (Down Jacket on a returnable basis)
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.