Blog10 Fun Facts about Nepals
11 February, 2019
- Nepal is home to the world’s highest mountain, Everest at 8848m
- Buddha was born in Lumbini, Nepal
- Yeti, the elusive snowman is believed to roam the mountains of Nepal
- Nepal has the thickest concentration of World Heritage Sites
- Momo: A type of dumpling which is a very popular dish here
- Nepal has a diverse population with more than 80 ethnic groups and 123 different languages other than the national language- Nepali
- The map of Nepal and Portugal looks similar when the map of Nepal is turned 90 degrees clockwise.
- Kathmandu is also called as a living cultural museum because there are seven UNESCO’s World Heritage sites inside Kathmandu valley.
- Nepal is the only country which has a triangular flag with two triangular shapes stacked on one another, the upper triangle consists of the moon, and the lower triangle consists of the sun.
- Kumari being worshiped by thousands of Hindus and Buddhist is the living goddess of Nepal.